Monday, June 1, 2009

Farwell to ID

We enjoyed a leisure Sunday drive to Virginia City MT. a small town about 55 miles north of us. We choose the scenic route as usual we made the right choice. So many pull outs for you to stop for a Kodak moment and inhale the clean mountain air. Admiring the endless lush green meadows were a variety of wildlife grazing and playing is a added bonus. Once in town we strolled the main street. You are able to take a step back in time. A medicine shop, general store, the shingle of the town Doc. The livery stable, which once sheltered the ladies carriage with all the frills. Firemen gear and water coach. Take a deep breathe, close your eyes, surround your senses with cold damp air. Rust from branding irons, faint odor of livestock, horses once being shod and cows branded. Tools of the trade many blistered, callus hands and backs broken by endless daily labor to survive. Knowing your history, gains respect for the present.

We had lunch at a sports bar I opted for the hot and spicy buffalo wings and Harry's choice the cheeseburger and fires. A new treat was jalapeno bottle caps. I have to give this place a 11. Hooters could not compete.
We then drove to West Yellowstone I did some Christmas shopping. I know two girls who would like know what I bought. You know the rules wait till Santa.

Today being Monday we made preparations for our next destination. We leave Idaho the famous potato state. Fitting for our farewell dinner I made potato soup. The day was damp and cold, a bowl of hot soup to warm the soul. Tuesday we are headed to MT. big sky country.

Warning this weekend Galveston County will be invaded by the Hartley Clan. They will becoming from San Antonio, and as far away as La. and MD.
Have a great weekend gang.

Janie is spreading rumors and if not careful lil sis I will have to tell your age. Birthday girl.

Harry tells me I sound like a brochure but this my story and I am sticking to it.

So long for now till we meet again.
Be safe may the peace of Christ be with you.
Juju

2 comments:

  1. Juju adn Harry, hope you left some of that clean mountain air for the six of us when we arrive. Someone told us to see Virginia City and none of us knew where it was. Now we do and we'll follow your tire tracks in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did you buy me?????? You only can't tell me what Santa got me!!!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete