Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun couple of days


We have had another busy week. Wed. Harry wanted to play golf, off to the golf course we went. This course is very well kept, the fairways are such a pretty clover green. Lots of blue spruce tree and ponderosa pines. the perfect place to have a long lazy picnic. Back to golf I thought Harry was lost he seemed to want to play in the sand, and wade in the water. He finally settled down and reminded me he had not played since March. I don't think that's so long. I don't have any problem with knocking ten pins down with a ball. He began to get a little frisky, something about driving a cart. Was it just me or does he play that way with you guys.


Wed. we drove to Glacier park. We could only drive 16 miles into the park. An avalanche had part of the road closed. Crews still clearing 75 feet of snow.


Way too much for me to imagine. What we were able to see was so pretty, lakes that reflects the snow capped mountains waterfalls cascading down to the lakes. The purity of the water is virgin. Seeing nature the way it was meant to be. Makes you sad for all those plastic bags, bottles, and mounds and mounds of trash each of us dispose of daily. We should be shameful, of our lack of appreciation. OK I am done.


Harry and I want for Mexican food we were told where the locals eat. Gave it a try it may have been authentic Mexican food but it was not Tex Mex. Oh well I didn't have to cook.


Today we drove out to Kerr Dam, you've seen one Dam you've seen em all.


After happy hour today we all decided to go to the bowling alley for dinner. I chose the fried shrimp and Harry got the 8 0z rib eye. I know it sounds crazy to eat a the bowling alley, but the food was great. It is the local attraction on Friday night special.


The park is full for the weekend has, softball tourney and soccer for the weekend. Plan to see a few games and enjoy all the concession food. Oh yes cardiac city, what can I say. My generations invented junk food, the twist, free # * !! so on and on.


Hey have I mentioned, it doesn't get dark till 10:00 p m pretty cool huh.


It is time to say so long for now, be asured I will return.


Juju

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to come for some good Mexican Food!!!!! Looks so pretty...but still looks kinda cold for me.

    Enjoy and keep us posted,

    Love ya,

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be nice to my daddy!!!! Golf is a hard sport!!!! I love my daddy :)

    ReplyDelete