Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Day at Yellowstone

Where shall I begin. What I was able to witness with my eyes is just amazing.
The wonder of God's hand is so overwhelming and for him to give this opportunity to us. I am so blessed.
We drove to the west side of Yellowstone National Park today. The ride to the park is a short distance from the RV park. Along the highway are piles of snow. You look out into the forest and you see patches of snow. Once inside the park pine trees that seem to touch the sky. Mountain peeks that sparkle from the sun rays. Miles and miles of landscape that is untouched by man. A haven for all to see. Every twist and turn through the mountains will just take your breath away. The family's of buffaloes marching down the highway without a care and pacing themselves for the long day ahead. Roaming through the open fields and basking in the warmth of the sun. The chipmunk that poses perfectly for your camera. Eagerly awaiting a treat. The large geese prancing on the water. Many hot springs with the steam billowing towards the sky. Boiling waters of the many geysers as you peer into the crystal clear water you can almost see the center of the earth. Cascades of waterfalls so inviting and the rushing rapids begging for you to tube down. The grand finale is to witness Old Faithful, shooting straight up. Gasping in wonder. Yes, today was such a blessing, that I am thankful. This shall be a memory I want forget. We only scratched the surface and I fear the 2 weeks will not be enough.
If you have not made vacations plans I suggest you give this park serious thought you will not be disappointed. There are many RV parks, hotel chains I notice a few are pet friendly, a variety of restaurants. This place would also be a great ski vacation, a wide array of fun toys for kids and parents wanting to play in the snow. Be sure to wear good walking shoes there are many areas you can explore. Small children I suggest a stroller. Most important a camera.
May the Peace of Christ be you.

Juju and Harry

1 comment:

  1. Take some pictures so you can post on your blog. I hope to travel like ya'll when I retire. I would love to visit Yellowstone Park.

    Love and miss ya'll
    Lisa Pooh

    ReplyDelete