Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hello again. Harry and I are having a great time here in Idaho this park is huge and so much to do. A very nice place to vacation. The park was jammed full memorial weekend. Our area is for group campers, and campers will be boon docking. We had tent campers, and a few small trailers.  They came prepared [must had been in scouts] because some brought generators. We had 6 families that did just that. The weather was raining and chilly temps. it was in the mid 50's with lows 40' at night. However the people here in the Northwest are accustomed to what ever mother nature will dish out. Harry and I enjoyed the comfort of our trailer and fireplace, we are tuff.
Sunday morning several of the volunteers met for breakfast at a local cafe.  I thought I was at an all you could eat buffet, the portions are huge. Pancakes the size of a hubcap, pounds of thick crispy bacon.  Biscuits the size of Texas smothered in sausage gravy.{No grits. I did bring my own.} We choose a BLT served with fries or onion rings. I took half home for lunch. Next Sunday maybe just coffee. 
This parks has about 57 volunteers through out the season. A fun group of people. Always such a treat to listen to others adventures. There is a couple from IO. who have chosen the full time life. We have new play mates as they will be in Texas this fall.  Being able to travel we meet such fun people. I am often ask do I have any regrets about selling our home and living like gypsies.  My answer is NO.
My life is priceless. I will admit to missing my children, and grandchildren.  Cody made all stars, I do miss not being able to see him play.
This morning we heard the bears had a nice midnight buffet by the dumpsters. I can't blame them. Some of the campers this weekend had a feast. The seafood boils to grilled hot dogs.  A yummy smorgasbord.
Well guys that just about covers this week.  So all be safe.
Juju

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy and Harry, we're in Cincinnati right now seeing family (one graduation, one wedding) then moving on to NW Ohio to my brother and then to Michigan to see the kids. Glad you're enjoying yourself and hope to see you back in TX one of these days. That's why these blogs are good. If we're close by, we can connect!

    ReplyDelete