Monday, October 19, 2009

Oct 18th

Had a great Sunday, the weather was very nice. We finally got our first cool front, dropping temp about 20 degrees. With the heat index a balmy 101, any relief was a welcome treat. We were able to turn the A C off, open the windows and enjoy the fresh north wind. Harry and I have been struggling with the heat, the pleasant weather in the northwest has truly spoiled us.
We bought us a small BBQ smoker, Harry put some baby back ribs and a chicken on Sunday. Let the meat slowly smoke for 5 to 6 hours. Now that's is Texas style BBQ. Harry has always had good meat, love gnawing on the bone. {Shame Shame on you I know what u thinking}
Lisa Pooh came into town this weekend it was her birthday. Yes my baby girl is 36 now. Don't know were the time has gone. She meet us at a local Mexican restaurant, a nice hang out for a group of friends and happy hour. Friday has always been family night for us so we went to Maureen's loft and I cooked us a seafood dinner. Maureen is a ghost and goblin fan of Halloween she has decorated her loft in the spirit of the season. She can not help her self I was in labor with her on Halloween.
My perfect grandson made a goal for his soccer team of course he was the star of the game. However I must confess I could not make that game just unable to get to Galveston.
He has another game this week and I shall be there. I was able to see Ryan football team skunk Blocker. I was very impress with TC football field the city spent over a million dollars to refurbish it, the TC Stings has a field to be proud to play on.
That old saying what goes around comes around, it is true Harry received is jury summons. He has to report the first week of Nov. I thought I would be able to get exempt because I am going to have foot surgery, well the very nice lady on the phone said we will reschedule so I shall be reporting to court Feb 22. Having 4 months to stew just makes it that much harder for those poor souls.
Well guys I need to get busy so I shall say so long.
Be safe and XXXXXOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment