Monday, February 27, 2012

Go ahead and get your coffee, get relaxed and I shall tell you  about the week I had.  In a word Fabulous.
I now can make a scratch off on my bucket list.  One of my all time want to do's. I got to do.
You all know how much I love the Mardi Gras. It's in my DNA. I can remember my first parade in the Big Easy when I was only knee high to my momma skirt hem. Yes my dad and mom would pack us kiddos up and we go visit the kin folks in Nawlins. The beads we youngins caught, the king cake ,and all the gumbo, poboys we ate. Then all the tall tales around the kitchen table. The house full of playful  nonstop chatter of 8 cousin 4 adults.
Yep you can see why I love carnival season. To get to the point I was able to ride in  the Fat Tuesday Parade.  OMG it is true I rode in the parade threw beads, danced and had a few drinks. Game on.  I was throwing cheap beads, waving to the crowd and  got a few phone numbers. Watching all those crazy people yelling throw me something Mister.  The little ones reaching for the throw, when caught the big smile that engulf their little face. Priceless!!!  If we are home next season I shall be in the little pink train chugging down the strand I think I can throw and I think I can dance.
Just a little FYI the Tuesday night parade is the absolute best parade to watch.


Well I must brag.  A typical Thursday evening Harry picks me up from work normal routine. However when I stepped a foot inside our home this wonderful aromatic herbs hit my nose. Then my eyes spotted the dining table lavishly dressed with our hand spun lace table cloth and linen napkins adorned with our fine wine crystal goblet and wedding china. My man had prepared a succulent Italian dinner. With all the traditional food of Italy. We began our meal with a bottle of fine Couer D Alene wine, antipasti, spaghetti and meatballs the dish that put Italy on the map. Harry chopped, diced, sauteed and simmered all day a gourmet dinner fit for this Queen. Yes my taste buds savor each delicious morsel. All to soon the meal was devolved. Tummies expanding you must loosen your belts,pants unbutton to relive the bulging flab then the long satisfy sigh to a end of a perfect date night.
Few hours later as we began the night slumber with complete satisfaction I bluntly sit up in bed and scream.  MAMA MIA that's a one spicy meatball!!! 
Saturday Cody wanted to come spend some time with us.We went to the movies to see Journey 2 Mysterious Island. It is in 3D. Not a bad flick and not bad in 3D. Afterward went back home granny made a pot of chicken and dumplings, banana pudding for dessert all of Cody's favorite. We settled in for a evening of TV and family snuggles.  I know we have spoiled him but I know time is precious they grow so fast and in a few he will have other interest. I have already lost my 15 year old to a red hair, brown eyed beauty.
XOXOX
Juju

2 comments: