Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrrrrrr

Yep Texas is under a winter warning. The Arctic blast has reached the gulf coast. Galveston temp is about 25. a wind chill of 10.  Every 20 minutes we are getting weather updates. A few rolling black out of  power outages, to help keep up the power grind, roadways and Hobby airport closing.   Not to worry Harry and I have planned for this type of emergency.  In case of frost bite we have agreed to give a flick to the body part affected. After all we have out lived that part, and no need to carry the dead weight. Now now don't laugh that's the easiest way to drop 10 to 15 pounds.

Hawaii was awesome. So happy we were able to go and spend our 41st annv. on the island. Our condo was just perfect. We had all beach gear for snorkeling, ice chest, chairs umbrellas, towels. A full kitchen fully stocked for a gourmet dinner. Entertainment systems living and bedroom.  Our Lanai [patio] just off the bedroom overlooking  the crystal emerald waters of the pacific. We spent endless hours watching the 10 to 15 feet waves rush the shorelines, green sea turtles and the ever so famous whales. Oh yes we believe a family of humpback were the stars of our private beach resort. Each day  as we spotted these over sized mammals at a distance. We were incredibly impressed at their constant breaching, blowing, and flipping their huge fin in the sparkling waters.  A few times we would see a tour boat try to catch up to the whales for a photo op but to no avail the sneaky fish would dive deep. After all they are on vacation Dec. to Mar.
The large sea turtles not there everyday but when out was such a joy to see them so close to the shore and so accepting of people. You should beware that right at the shoreline waves might send them crashing into your shin. You'll laugh yourself silly watching the men scream like girls.
Our beach Makaha Beach rarely crowded, just local tenants and guest. Wide white sand for parking yourself for an afternoon of sunbathing, reading your favorite novel ,afternoon nap and people watching. Many enjoy the variety of water sports.  If the surf is small, makes for a nice long ride on a boogie board.  If the surf is up then grab your surf board head out to catch that perfect wave. As the waves forms the every popular pipeline, surfers line up taking their turn to catch the ride on the wave. Canoe is also popular water sport. Me, just too much work paddling and trying to stay balance in a tiny light narrow shaped boat. I did try body surfing. The pounding waves can make good for body surfing, but they just pound the living daylights out of me. The darn waves knocked me off my feet then tried several times to wash me out to sea. Harry tried to grab me and to no avail I was heading out to the Pacific. Long story short I was finally able to get to my feet with the help of some bystanders. It's OK to laugh.  Now people watching is my thang. My oh my!  Amazing swimwear that is available. Lets chat about the one size fits all, or the ever popular thong that's just the men.  Then you have the women who want to strut their too much stuff. I thought I had seen it all at Galveston Mardi Gras.
The nightly sunsets, my friends you just have to see them. Believe me I did not miss one. Something about the sun slowly disappearing at days end can give you a spiritual calming.  The local residents would gather every evening giving a farwell to the sunsets. In the Hawaiian tradition of blowing in the seashell. This long standing custom past down many years will surely give you goosebumps.

We were able to see and do all we wanted in our two week stay. I look forward to returning to paradise. 
Aloha my Friends
Juju

No comments:

Post a Comment