Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wed. August 18th

Hello my friends.  Hope you doing fine this Wed.?   Lot's to share with you guys.
First I will start with Deb's visit.  Just to update a few who might not know.  Deb and I have been bbf for 50 + years.  We went to grade school and junior high, before her and family moved to Texas City.  We managed to stay in touch after high school and Deb going on to A& M.  Then moving out west when she was 21.  Oh my the many teenage pranks I could share with you.  There was this one time at the teen club, just a hang out for us teens, well anyway we thought it would be fun to, oh my such a long time ago I can't remember what I had for breakfast. You know the saying what happen then stays then. LOL
Deb drove from Central Point OR. a good 2 day drive to Athol ID.  She arrived Wed. afternoon and we headed to the big city of Coeur D' Alene.  Had a few cocktails at a local restaurant which has a patio for us to people watch. A great afternoon sharing fond memories and catching up since last years visit.  Afterwards we shopped the local farmers market.  I finally found some fresh tomatoes.  Also planed to get some fresh cut flowers, which I usually have on my dining table.  Flowers just the perfect gift from God.  Getting late and Deb having a long day we decide to head back to the park. First we had to give her a quick tour of the park.  We all settled in for the evening.  Thursday we spent the better part of the day in the park.  That evening was party time. We had a park ranger celebrating her birthday, so off to the floating patio in Bayview. I believe we had some 75 people giving Erin birthday wishes, many drinks, along with duck farts shots, some insisted on a B57. We tired to tell her she meant a B52,  no she said a B57. Turns out a B57 is a B52.  Scott owner of the patio is always making sure his guest are happy campers. He is not shy with the alcohol.   There was a few intermittent showers,  determined we would not let a little rain spoil our party. Then came the downpour being so sweet I could not melt. So we made a fast dash to the truck and head home. I have mentioned we live in a gated part of the park so yes I had to get out in the dark with pouring rain, a little tipsy trying to put this key into a small whole in the a lock.  Not sure how long it took but I was drenched big time. Harry and Deb laughing at me Harry enjoying turning the truck light on and off. Getting the gate open  Deb suggesting to Harry to inch the truck up then stop and do it again. Ha ha you should have been there it was really very funny. Adding another memory to keep in my many pages of life. Friday afternoon the campers begin showing up for the weekend wedding. I know Deb and I was so excited another wedding in the park.  This time it was gonna be big.  They unloaded chairs, by the dozen, BBQ pits,  band equipment.  Oh yes another get down hoot en nanny. We parked our chairs in the street for front row view. We had corn chips and a bottle of mountain dew.  So giddy we could hardly wait. With out any warning here comes the bride all dressed in white.  Yes, what a disappointment.  This couple was so traditional the only thing exciting was the little flower girl. She must have been 3 and being outside she had picked flowers and blowing bubbles. A real dud of a wedding.  Well I let the park ranger have a ear full.  These people were not welcome back.  All was not lost Deb and I did a little star gazing and topped the evening off with a cup of coffee and Baileys. Sunday came to fast and time to say farewell to my dear friend. Deb is on a mission she is looking for RV parks for our return next spring.
 My grandson called and wants his granny home.  What Cody and Ryan want they get. Granny said good bye and is heading to Texas.  We did talk with Erin and as it turns out a couple arrived 3 weeks early.  Boone and Betty ahead of schedule from Alaska  they were very eager to slide into our place. We made our preparations for the long journey home.  Leaving was bitter sweet, having made many new friendship and say good bye to old friends it was time to depart.  We will spend Labor Day weekend with our family and visit some friends in Boerne.  Our plans to stay on the Island, I want to be close to my grandsons. Football games, soccer games, choir, and having lunch with them just to name a few.  
Again I have kept you too long.  Will say good night and will chat again soon.

Be safe XOXOXO
Juju

2 comments:

  1. See you in Boerne! Travel safely and welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite JuJu quotes from our visit: "Why are we friends?" "We are so opposite!"
    My next favorite JuJuism (and she did this several times: She starts telling a story and in the first sentence, she can't bring to mind a word and then says, "you know what I'm talking about." So, I'm sitting there with no clue to what she is talking about and she's getting frustrated because I should just KNOW! You're always an adventure Judy! Love you and Harry to bits!

    ReplyDelete