Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday July 5th

Good morning my friends.  Hope all is well after a long weekend.
I remember longing for the extra days off from work.  As soon as one day off  passed, I was counting down for the next vacation.
Today is always a vacation :) for me now.  I may tease you but don't wish your life away.  Enjoy each day, there are to many memories to make.
I shall begin with our supper club. The park has about 12 to 14 couple volunteers.  We get together on Thursday for cocktails and supper. The ladies swap recipes, some darn good cooks.
We have 3 new volunteers came in this week, one lady is a native Texan.  She has a large family and they are scattered through out the state.  She has a grandson living in Lake Jackson, a son in the Dallas   and daughter in the San Antonio.  Her family has the Lone Star State covered.  She is a very interesting lady.  Having been a journalist for 37 years. Ms. Pat is a wealth of knowledge and willing to share her life experience. 
Then we have Marty and Duffy they are from Iowa and have now joined the life style of full time RV'ers. They have the same days off as us. The four of us try and plan outings together.  Duffy treated us to some Iowa corn feed rib eyes. My o my the best steak.  The meat had great marble, moist and tender, no knife needed.  Being a carnivore I ate the whole thing. Marty made homemade chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more. After dinner we gather around the the fire ring and as the dark began to engulf the twilight we ready ourselves for the anticipated fireworks. Our view was some what obstructed with the sky towering pines.  However as the light illuminated the branches and limbs of the trees. You might think you have witness a forest fire. Such a spectacular to witness.
 With each brilliant sparkle of colors light the night sky, the loud blast rumble through the mountains.  You fell the spirited American pride. Keep praying, and  supporting our many many soldiers that keeps America free.  " FREEDOM"  echo through out the world.
Maureen surprised us with a nice package. Her and the boys put together a video of their summer events, with handmade gifts Cody decorated a pink visor stated I am the number one granny. I know ahh!!!! but I am worth it. He made Harry a picture frame attached with his picture.  SOOOO cute.  Maureen and the boys gave us a Log Tech camera system for Christmas and we are having such a good time learning to use this fun gadget. We are able to visit with the boys frequently via the web.  This high tech age is unbelievable.  I can remember days without telephone, fast food restaurants, clothes dryers, just to name a few.  Now look at us, hard to keep up with all the fast past technology.
To get back to Farragut park, it was a busy weekend for all the host.  The park filled rapidly for the long holiday weekend.  As I have mentioned Harry and I have such a sweet assignment. I almost feel guilty.  {NOT}  The Locust Grove grounds are very primitive. If you choose to camp here it is boon docking.  No hook ups. Now the people that have Campers most have generators, a little convenience. Then you have the die hard tent campers and I truly admire them. The people are very respectful what they bring in they take out.  Our job a gravy train. 
 We also have the best view in the park. Sitting in the trailer I look out the back windows and see deer and a large buck playing.  Lots of tiny hummingbirds, and birds of colors yellow, red and blue. Nature a gift from our creator brings a sense of peace in your inner faith knowing paradise awaits.  
The weather today shall be in a mild 73, by week end they forecast the 90's.  OMG!!!! A heat wave. I guess I should hoard some sun screen. 
Hope all a safe week ahead take care will chat later.
Juju

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated 4th to you and Harry. We are in Hillman, MI about 20 miles from Lake Huron where our kids spent the weekend in Alpena. We had a good old fashioned 4th until Ted got the bug and we had to come home early yesterday. I'm like you in that I'm glad to be out of that Texas heat. We are returning 8/12 to accompany Ted's brother and his wife to their timeshare in Cancun. They have asked us repeatedly and agreed last year to come in early this year to go. Hope to see you at Boerne over Labor Day. We are going down the valley with Tommy & Susan and Stella & Jay the end of September. From there Ted and I are going to the World Skeet Shoot in San Antonio. Then there's the HitchHiker National Rally in ... Conroe!! We don't even have to travel to get there this year. Stay oool. Enjoy yourself. See ya down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju and the big guy, I am sooo pleased that you are gaving a good time. Finally we are to receive our summer. Last winter never came, so I should have guessed that summer would be late. Last year you guys were here in June. Remember, it was warm, sorta. Anyway, we love having you here. It is July 5, my Dad's birthday. I am very sad as we lost him in 08. He always loved to go fishing on his birthday. Enough of that. We had about 30 folks here yesterday. I have finally discovered that I hate children. Imagine that. They were everywhere. I especially hated the fireworks that they set off. Safe and sane my butt. Also the peeded in the pool and hottub. Need I say more. Hey I am way too old for this. Poor Rowdy, he had quite the time. Just glad that they are all gone. I think that I am turning into the old crotchy aunt we all hated. Our only saving grace is that they want our inheritancy.

    ReplyDelete