Wednesday, August 12, 2009

America America




Monday evening we went to the theatre. The play was speelling (oops) Spelling Bee. A cast of nine and 4 guest contestants from the audience and one being Harry Hartley. Yes Harry made his debut on stage, he has had several acting jobs over the years. Just glad he never quit his day job.
We had 2 bottles of wine, laughed till our jaws were sore. During intermission Harry, Paul and myself choose a chocolate desert Deb choice was a raspberry cheesecake. Delicious !!! Harry did make two rounds of correct spelling, the third I was laughing too hard so I can't tell you what he misspelled.
Tuesday we continued to take in natures art work. Our scenic drive to Crater Lake National Park. The lake is a intense blue a color you will awe at the beauty. However it is a blue you will never forget. The lake is 5 miles wide and ridge by many cliffs. Crater lake is filled with rain and melted snow is the deepest lake in the U S and one of the deepest in the world.
Along the ridge are many pull outs for viewing and picture taking. We wondered through a few trails lined with Douglas's fir trees. Breathing the fresh pines scents reminds you of Christmas trees before the days of artificial trees and fake pine spray. Walking a bridge over the rushing water of the river. The spray from the river cools the body thirst and soothing sympathy of the river calms the soul. Taking advantage of fabulous weather
awesome scenery we had a picnic in the park. After our relaxing lunch we continue with our personal guides. Having friends that are locals has it's perks. Paul and Deb have a wealth of info and love to share their experience. They to are veteran campers enjoying the outdoor life. They also do lots of traveling. Deb is planning next year itinerary.
We came back to our place for cocktails and diner I put a pork loin in the crock pot, made a pot of rice, green beans. After a gourmet dinner we finished with a simple desert fresh peaches over a slice of pound cake with whipped cream. { All who know Juju, knows she will save some whipped cream for later fun. I can hear it now OMG TMI } Oh well !!!
I am sure I have asked you guys before if you watch the show WIPE OUT. it airs wed. at 8:00 p. m. central. If you have had a a tough day then this would be the show to help you make it through the night. You would not believe the idiot's competing for 50 grand. The obstacles course is a time trails. You must be the first to complete an obstacles course the fasts.
Hilarious yes America is a museum of awesome.
We are headed to the coast and Redwoods Thursday.
Have a good day all be safe XXXOOO
Love Juju

3 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! Would love to have seen Harry on stage. We had Palisade peaches in Colorado. I had to wash the fuzz off it was so thick. Haven't seen fuzz like that in ages. We are in Santa Fe working our way to Burleson for Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! That blue is something! I feel like I'm right there with you guys when I look at all of the beautiful scenery. And OMG the food you two have been eating always makes me so hungry. Sounds scrumptous(not sure about that spelling)-anyway you know what I mean.
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I need is a nice glass of wine and your blog to relax me! I've seen Harry on stage before so I know! hehehe Totally awesome pictures! You are right about Wipeout....will make you laugh till you hurt! Can't wait to hear about the Redwoods...I've always been told that it is truely something to see. OK, JuJu write soon so I can read another chapter in my book before I go to Key West!! Yea...can't wait..wish you were going with me...you know we would be in trouble!

    COME HOME!!!!!!!!

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete